What we learned about Google’s 5pecialist Certification Part 1.
It was a good thing that Google Partners held their 5pecialist Certification Challenge. For #1 a lot of our team members got exposure to new products they were never aware of before within the Google Adwords and Youtube networks. The award that will come out of this challenge is a Plaque confirming that you have completed all of the different forms of advertising under the Google Platform. Our firm was already well award of the Google ppc products and ways to advertise through mobile, Video, Display and search yet, there are some things we found really interesting about the challenge. One thing that comes to mind more than others is that they show a heavy emphasis in the actual terminology more than they like to speak about the individual platforms and usage. Although its they do talk about items like that. Nevertheless, they have many items on the exam that aren’t really mentioned within the courses. Therefore, be prepared to be thrown for a loop every now and then. Mainly, Google is developing several ways to market your app, video, website, products, etc so, it’s important to understand the nuances between the different plateforms.
What Platforms can you promote on?
Whether your trying to market your mobile app, video, web page or optimize your advertising for mobile your going to have to go through 6 different tests to complete all the Google Certifications. Firstly there is the Adwords Fundamentals course. Here you’ll be tested on your intermediate knowledge of the Google Adwords platforms and best practices in order to achieve maximum results for running the Adwords platform. Mainly, you’ll be tested on your knowledge of PPC, how to structure ads, create relevant landing pages and choose keywords. The best practices portion of this test helps you get an understanding of how Google runs auctions, decides what ads to show and how to stay away from unwanted traffic by using negative keywords. Secondly, is the Search Advertising course itself. In this section you’ll have to have a more in-depth knowledge about the Adwords platform specifically giving you the best results running text ads through the search advertising. Google puts a strong emphasis on ORGANIZATION so, it’s to pay close attention to how you are organizing your campaigns. ****Tip****(It’s a good idea when your developing your Dallas Search Engine Optimization strategy that you adhere to how Google Organizes data). Specifically when your structuring your content into Main category, sub category and variations of the sub categories.. In the game of Adwords and the Search Advertising platform the more granular you can get with your topics the better chance you are going to deliver a searcher the most specific term they are looking for.
Shopping, Mobile & Video
Again, the first things that you are going to need within understanding how to promote over these platforms are learning about the basics fo Youtube and Google Display networks. Most importantly also, understanding on how to measure and optimize performance. They have several different formats for the Video Advertising platform so pay close attention to when you’ll be asked about “in-stream” ads or “in-display”. This will introduce other terms that give you more ability to show your ads such as clicks on the call-to-action overlays (CTAs), cards, and companion banners. Most important is the chance to reach potential customers.
- Keyword contextual targeting: You can use keywords that will help match your ads to web content. This works just like contextual targeting on the Display Network, and applies to both the Display Network and YouTube.
- Demographic: Google allows you to reach by age, gender and parental subscriptions
- Topics: Interests and Topic related subject is a setting you can chose
- Affinity audiences: Select from interest-based groups to reach potential customers at scale and make them aware of your business. These audiences were built for businesses running a TV ad that want to extend the campaign to an online context at an efficient price.
- Custom affinity audiences: Get more granular with your targeting.
- In-market audiences: Find customers who are researching products or services and actively considering buying something like what you offer.
- Remarketing: Our Houston Pay Per Click Marketing uses remarketing to Reach viewers based on their past interactions with your videos or YouTube channel. If you’ve linked a YouTube account to an AdWords account already, we’ll create custom ones for you automatically.
TO BE CONTINUED….